Two Norwegian organizations, Haptic Architects and Nordic Office of Architecture, presented a detailed plan for the construction of the settlement, which will become the safest, cleanest, convenient and “green” ever invented by man. Build it can begin already in 2019 on the basis of the airport of Oslo, which de facto is a separate territory.
Key aspects of the concept:
- Completely pedestrian center and main areas of the city;
- The ban on the use of ICE, only electric cars and only drones – private transport is illegal;
- “Smart” layout, so that residents can reach anywhere in a matter of minutes;
- Large windows, transparent roofs, open space for the use of natural light;
- The city consumes exactly as much energy as it produces, no supplies from outside and no energy supplies;
- All garbage and other wastes generated by the city are subject to 100% recycling;
- Sources of energy for the city should be renewable, but it is not specified which.
The choice of Oslo airport for the project is due to two factors. It is far enough from the capital of Norway to become a new full-fledged city. At the same time, the number of airport personnel is constantly growing, so that by 2050 there will be twice as many people who need to live somewhere. Why not conduct an experiment and build from scratch the “city of the future”?